WOCR On-Air Personality/Host, News & Public Affairs Director – September 2008 – April 2011 References: John Shull, Kelly Modad, Jr. WOCR is Olivet College’s radio station. I started as a contributor to Kelly and Kyle Modad’s MoBro’s radio show to getting a show of my own that first semester and each semester throughout my time at Olivet College. I contributed to WOCR in the following ways:
- Produced weekly live music show called BottleRocketRadioShow which featured protest/social cause music ranging from the 60’s to the 90’s. Designed and distributed ink pen advertising specialty to promote the show. Posted flyers around campus to promote the show.
- Produced weekly live music show called It’s Simply Complicated which was an eclectic mix of post-rock and newer music from west coast artists, Word Jazz, and world beat.
- Initiated and produced a weekday daily live morning show called The WOCR Morning Show which featured album rock, rock, and some country. Because this was the morning show, I was also responsible for turning on the transmitter and preparing the studio for the broadcast day.
- Initiated and served as the News & Public Affairs Director in which I collected campus and community events, wrote radio copy cards for each event announcement which I kept updated in the studio for all the announcers to read during their shows.
- Filled in to help produce the live Olivet Sports broadcasts by operating the board in the studio, playing music and making announcements during breaks, and assisting sports broadcasters with connecting the Telos system for remote broadcasting.
- Announced weather and time checks, played audio PSA’s and contributed to the music library.
Related: My WOCR Sound Check Audio File
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.